Reservation Entry XXX Does not exist

I have a client running Attain 3.01b. They have reservations turned off, but Item tracking is turned on. They seem to be getting occassional errors stating “Reservation Entry XXX, Positive = YY” does not exist. (XXX is the reservation entry, YY is either TRUE or FALSE) It is usually when posting a Sales or Purchase Order. When I go to the Reservation Entry Table I can find the opposite entry (Same Entry Number but different value for Positive). I think either an entry isn’t being vreated at all, or that it is being created and being deleted early somehow. Has anyone run across this, or similar issues? Thanks, Larry

Check document ID 16461 on the Navision US Partner site. It indicates that Attain 3.01 had issues with Item Tracking and Reservations even it does not specifically address your issue. I have run into similar error messages when testing and was informed that this was the route of the problem. In my case, I was able to post an invoice by cancelling the reservation on the sales line.

If you have access to the Client Monitor it might be useful to see what operations are being performed that way.

Hi, I was able to reproduce this error in Navision 3.7 We resently installed 3.7 at a customer website and they have experienced this error. To reproduce this error you can… a) create an item with order tracking b) create dummy supply from a PO. Create more than 1 line with different exp. delivery dates. c) run the regenerative plan for this item from the planning worksheet. This should create Cancel suggestions for each line on the PO. d) look at the entries created in the reservation entry table. e) delete all lines except 1 from the planning worksheet f) carry out action message for the 1 line. Deletes the line from the PO but one of the other lines on the PO now has a reservation entry of Reservation Status type Tracking instead of Surplus. g) try to look up the order tracking or reduce the qty. I don´t think I am doing something wrong but… 24 hours in a day - 24 beers in a case - coincidence - I doubt it.

we get that same problem… what normally causes it is when a sales order has been left open whilst a regen is run, or an order is amended and then the prod order is adjusted accordingly (rather than removing and regening again).