Reservation Entry does not exist

I have a customer using Manufacturing Module with Warehouse Management. During MRP process, the error reservation entry always appears. I know that this is a known issue in Navision. I tried to search in the internet, but still haven’t found any good solutions. Does anyone has a solution to this problem ? I’m using Navision 4.0 SP2.

Hi

Your description of the issue is not detailed enought really. “When” during the MRP process? “What” is the “exact” error message?

For example if the error message is “The Reservation Entry does not exist. Identification fields and values: Entry No. = X Positive = No” when trying to change a production order, and you have SP1 installed, then this will fix it:

To install this hotfix, change the code in the Purchase and Payables - Requisition Management granule 3550, codeunit 99000813 - OnRun function as follows.

Existing Code`

BlockDynamicTracking(TRUE);                    // delete line

ReservEntry.SETCURRENTKEY(
  "Source ID","Source Ref. No.","Source Type","Source Subtype",
  "Source Batch Name","Source Prod. Order Line");
ReserveReqLine.FilterReservFor(ReservEntry,Rec);
ReservEntry.DELETEALL(TRUE);
IF TrySourceType = TrySourceType::Production THEN
  BlockDynamicTrackingOnComp(TRUE);
DELETE(TRUE);

#### Replacement Code

IF "Action Message" = "Action Message"::Cancel THEN                 // new line
  DELETE(TRUE);                                                                             // new line  

ReservEntry.SETCURRENTKEY(
  "Source ID","Source Ref. No.","Source Type","Source Subtype",
  "Source Batch Name","Source Prod. Order Line");
ReserveReqLine.FilterReservFor(ReservEntry,Rec);
ReservEntry.DELETEALL(TRUE);

IF NOT("Action Message" = "Action Message"::Cancel) THEN BEGIN   // new line
  BlockDynamicTracking(TRUE);                                                              // new line 
  IF TrySourceType = TrySourceType::Production THEN       // add 2 spaces - alignment              
    BlockDynamicTrackingOnComp(TRUE);                            // add 2 spaces - alignment
  DELETE(TRUE);                                                                  // add 2 spaces - alignment
END;                                                                                                        // new line

`

Oh yeah, sorry for not explaining…
When I tried to run the calculate regenerative plan, I got the error message “The Reservation Entry does not exist. Identification fields and values: Entry No. = X Positive = No”. If we look into the table and search for entry no. X, the entry no. X does exist except that the entry found by system was positive = yes. This one sided reservation entry also caused a lot of problems ( same error message ) during transfer order and production order when the customer want to pick the Lot No. The only solution that I know is to delete the reservation entry or to change the reservation status to surplus.
I wish there’s a documentation that would explain what, when and why the entries are made.

Hi

We have a customer which has exactly the same problem, we have made a report which deletes the one-leg reservation entries. We have found out that it is the planning system which creates the entries. We haven’t found where in the planning system the entries are created, so we would like to hear if you have other solutions to the problem.

The customer is using a Nav. 4.0 SP2 on a SQL 2005 database.

Kind regards

Kenneth J. Bolø