Req. worksheet and old purch. orders

I have a problem in req. worksheet. I have checked 4.0 and it still exists there. Scenario: - Create an item with SKU in location BLUE, 80 in Reorder Point and 240 in Reorder Qty. Repl. system = Fixed reorder qty. - Create an purch order for the item with a exp. date three weeks old - Run the req. worksheet. - Nothing happens which is correct since we already have an purch order that covers the reorder point. - Post a positive adjustment of 1 pcs on the 1st of jan. This way we have an inventory. - Run the req. worksheet again and You will see that it suggest a purchase of 240pcs. This makes no sense to me. I’ve been going through the codeunit Inventory Profile Offsetting with no sucess. I can see that the table Inventory Profile is filled up with the purchase order even when we have qty. on hand > 0, but after that somethings happens. Am i missing something here or do we have a problem? Has anyone came across this before? Rgds

Here’s the response från MBS so far: 9/23/2005 10:23:00 AM GMT+02:00 – Kalliopie Dear Sir, Thank you so much for your very prompt response and for the additional information Here is the scenario I used to result your description: I created a new item 70061 on a “clean” Nav 4.0 Sp1 W1 database Item No 70061 Reordering Policy: Fixed Reorder Qty. Reordering Point: 80 Reordering Quantity 240 I created a SKU for item 70061 Location Code: BLUE I posted a new purchase order 106024 for item 70061 Working Date :25/01/01 Purchase Date:25/01/01 Quantity: 160 Expected Receipt date 25/01/01 From Vendor 10000 with payment terms code 5 days =5D I run the Req worksheet for item 70061 with calculate plan I get a quantity of 240 which is the reordering quntity I post a positive adjustement in 010101 I run Req worksheet again and I still get 240. I understand we have an issue here. I will escalate it and let you know of its progress. Kind Regards, Popie -------------------------------------------------------------------------- 9/23/2005 1:44:00 PM GMT+02:00 – Lars Westman You stumbled over another similar error (probably connected) but this was not the scenario i gave you. You should NOT post the purchase order. Just leave it outstanding. If You run the req. worksheet after creating the purch. order you will not get anything in your worksheet which is correct. BUT: If you post the positive adjustment of 1 pcs and rung the req. worksheet again you will get 240 in the worksheet. This is wrong. My conlusion is that as soon as there is anything in inventory the purchase orders with passed dates is ignored. They should be considered as valid supply as i see it. -------------------------------------------------------------------------- 9/23/2005 1:48:00 PM GMT+02:00 – Kalliopie Dear Lars, Thank you for the correction. I will escalate the issue with the correction and get back to you with the escalation results.

Lars: Thank you for the follow up post. We too are experiencing this problem and we are very interested in the response from MBS. Our solution provider is also taking this to MBS. Jerry

I’ll keep you posted in this thread

Hi Lars We have differences!!

quote:

Scenario: - Create an item with SKU in location BLUE, 80 in Reorder Point and 240 in Reorder Qty. Repl. system = Fixed reorder qty. - Create an purch order for the item with a exp. date three weeks old - Run the req. worksheet. - Nothing happens which is correct since we already have an purch order that covers the reorder point.

I am testing this today, so my purchase order had an expected receipt date of 01/09/05. The requisition worksheet told me to reschedule it. However it did tell me to reschedule it so it was due 03/01/05. This is the first working day of the current fiscal year, but my order date on the plan was 01/01/05 and the 03/01/05 is the first working day.

quote:

Post a positive adjustment of 1 pcs on the 1st of jan. This way we have an inventory. - Run the req. worksheet again and You will see that it suggest a purchase of 240pcs. This makes no sense to me.

I did not accept the reschedule message, I then ran an item journal and booked 1 into the location on 01/06/05. Re running the worksheet still tells me to reschedule, it is not a new requirement. Nothing has changed, the eorder level is still broken and it still wants 240 on 03/01/05. I did not accept this and I reran the requisition worksheet with an order date of today, it then produced nothing. It dod not suggest a reschedule presumably as it is in the past and due to fulfill the reorder level in the past. I am doing this in version 4.0 and therefore one of us has something set that we are not telling the other about [:D] So what is your secret? All I ever get is a reschedule message. Ping me an email and I will send you some screenshots if you like! I could reproduce Jerry’s maximum and reorder point issue, but not this one.

Thanks for your time Steve! You must have an order date in your plan calc. that is after the expected receipt date to trigger the error. Look here: ftp://bizguide.se/public/req_wksheet_err.doc

Hi Lars I do but the order date on the re-plan I am setting as the work date as this is when I want the orders suggested by it to have as an order date. The order date is not a starting date for the plan. Why are you setting your order date backwards? Especially as this seems to cause the issue. Or am I misunderstanding something here?

I don’t set my order date back when calculating the plan. I have todays date as order date when calculating. To put it simple it seems as old (exp.reciept date < order date in plan) outstaning purchase orders are discarded if there is something in inventory. If inventory is zero the old purch.order is taken into account in the plan.

Hi Lars But in my example the expected receipt date is 01/09/05 and the order date on the worksheet is 23/09/05, so my expected receipt date is less than my order date, but in mine it tells me still to reschedule if stock is zero and if I have 1 in stock the message does not change. So my order date is after the expected receipt, I have stock and I do not get a new message, in fact with stock I do not get the reschedule message. I still believe I am following your parameters and I am not getting the same results, mine is simply working how I would expect it would. Do you want to see the screenshots and see if you can decipher a difference?

I just got a phone call från MBS. This issue is resolved 4.0 SP1. Later on this day I will get a downgraded version of the code so it will fit in the 3.70B where we have this problem. I’ll share that code later with you others facing the same problem.

And here is the answer from MBS (and it works): 9/29/2005 9:24:00 AM GMT+02:00 – Ronny Sterup Hi Lars, your issue has been solved in SP1 for 4.00, the suggestion is a downgrade from this version and should be tested before implementing into any live environment, my test show that this issue is now solved The sugestion to solve your issue is the following in a 3.70.B released version: CU 99000854 PlanItem old code: WHILE DemandExists OR SupplyExists DO CASE NextState OF NextState::StartOver: IF DemandExists AND SupplyExists THEN NextState := NextState::CalcMax ELSE IF SupplyExists THEN NextState := NextState::ReduceSupply ELSE IF DemandExists THEN NextState := NextState::CreateSupply; NextState::CalcMax: new code: WHILE DemandExists OR SupplyExists DO CASE NextState OF NextState::StartOver: IF DemandExists AND SupplyExists THEN NextState := NextState::CalcMax ELSE IF SupplyExists THEN NextState := NextState::ReduceSupply ELSE IF DemandExists THEN IF (DemandInvProfile.“Order Relation” = DemandInvProfile.“Order Relation”::“Reorder Point”) AND (ReorderPoint > 0) AND (ReorderPoint < QtyOnInventory) THEN BEGIN NextState := NextState::StartOver; DemandExists := ReturnNext(DemandInvProfile); END ELSE NextState := NextState::CreateSupply; NextState::CalcMax: