Reports: Use different report template instead of default report template design on generating CustFreeTextinvoice report

And are you calling the method? Debug the code if needed…

After i change in the Controller class, i just tried to generate invoice document from AllFreeTextinvoices form Document>View>Original. before that i kept break point after the line i added in controller class. once the break point passed i can see in the Locals debug window, the Report name as the design name i changed. but at the end it generated the default report. Is anywhere else i need to modify?

I did your debugging for you and found that the value is taken from print management setup in FormLetterReport.loadPrintSettings().

Thanks for debugging for me. Is there any possibility i can change the settings from code.

Of course that you can go and change the code.

i am unable to find which class or method the line FormLetterReport.loadPrintSettings() exists. Can you please point me.

It’s loadPrintSettings() method in FormLetterReport class.

I tried debugging multiple times. the control doesn’t get into loadPrintSettings.LoadPrintSettings(). Am i missing something here? Please reply. Thanks

I’m sorry, but I can only tell you what happens in my system, not what’s in yours.

So do the thing I thought you would do a while ago - start debugging the controller (everything in the startOperation()) method) until you find where the report design (that you specified in main()) gets overwritten. When I did it, I found the culprit in loadPrintSettings().

Thanks martin for your help. the below blog helped me to change the design from the default.

https://axfactory.wordpress.com/tag/x-ssrs-reports-print-management/