Reporting server connection timeout

Hi All,

I have configured the correct reporting server in reporting server parameter form but getting error like “A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond host number”.

I have followed the steps mentioned in the link “https://community.dynamics.com/ax/b/exploremicrosoftdynamicax/posts/microsoft-dynamics-ax-2012-ssrs-report-error-a-connection-attempt-failed-because-the-connected-party-did-not-properly-respond-after-a-period-of-time”.but still facing the similar error,kindly guide me to resolve the issue.

Regards,

Madhu

Can you access the reporting server from the machine where it’s installed? If not, it doesn’t work at all and you must fix it. If you can connect from there but not from some other machine, it sounds like a problem with networking.

Hi Martin,

yes,I can access the reporting server manchine where the reporting server is installed.

Please explain in detail about this “If you can connect from there but not from some other machine, it sounds like a problem with networking.”.did you mean accessing the Ax from report server installed manchine.

No, I don’t mean connecting from report server to AX. AX connects to the report server, not vice versa.

The message says that AX tries to connect, but it didn’t work and AX gave it up after some time. This will happen, for example, if you have wrong connection details or the connection is blocked by a firewall. But there may be many other reasons.

When exactly do you get the error?

Hi Martin,

While opening the report getting this error.For all reports in Ax getting this similar error.

Hi,

Can you please suggest me to resolve the issues.