Report “Orientation” property at run-time.

Is there any way of setting the Report “Orientation” property at run-time (Version GB 2.01B). The report I have is invoked by various other processes with no user request form. (If not I’ll go the two reports route given by Joerg Stryk in response to a previous question).

From my understanding there is NO WAY of setting any property in Navision reports dynamically at run time. I hope someoone can prove me wrong on Version 3.10 and before. Regards, Owen

Well you can, the following properties can be set from within and without a report : PRINTONLYIFDETAIL NEWPAGEPERRECORD USERREQUESTFORM LANGUAGE URL OBJECTID So sry, but no Orientation. A bit logic, if you would make a landscape report it would not show very nice in a portiat orientation :wink:

There is a tricky way to “change” printer properties at runtime before you call the report (DE 2.01b). First set all printer properties of the report to Link a printer before you call the report by changing or creating a record at the table 78. To do this you can either call a “selection form” or your printers have unique keywords so navision can select them. Call the report without opition systemprinter and Navision uses the properties of the selected printer. With this procedure you can print the same report on papers with dif- ferent paperlength (like letter, A4 or 12" traktor forms) but i have no idea how to solve different paperwidth. Bye (Stefan);

Many thanks to all for the reponses.

quote:

Originally posted by eromein
A bit logic, if you would make a landscape report it would not show very nice in a portiat orientation :wink:

In response to the logic behind landscape and portrait; we use one generic report to output many different sets of data. Typically where the data is transitory and being imported or exported by a dataport. We write the line of data to appear in the report to a table and then at the end of the process kick off the report to print records.