Report Image not print to PDF file... Urgent.....

hi friends, I am try to print the report to pdf file. but the pdf file can not include the image in the report. can somebody help me please. Khue Trinh

With so little information my only suggestion would be to try a different pdf-writer

More information: We have a folder to store the image of Item (on InventTable, I create a new field to store the path of image. On report, I use a display method to show the image of item, base on the path. The report show the image very well, but when I choose print to pdf file, it can not include the image to pdf file. It works normally when I change the printer to pdf printer. But the problem is: company don’t want to pay for Acrobat printer license 'cause Axapta hase this function.

Hi, Have you tried the Purchase invoice report? It does print the company image to a PDF file, if set to. Try to see how the image is handled there, and maybe this will solve your problem. Regards, Ciprian

quote:

Hi, Have you tried the Purchase invoice report? It does print the company image to a PDF file, if set to. Try to see how the image is handled there, and maybe this will solve your problem. Regards, Ciprian
Originally posted by Mugur - 2005 Jun 06 : 06:53:04

Are you sure, is it possible that ActuallyYOUR purchase invoice has been modified? If so then its this change that khuebebe is looking for.

Hi David, I am testing on a clean instance of Axapta 3.0 SP3. I was just trying to say that on this report the image is displayed using an Axapta specific method. Consequently, Khue can use a similar logic to show the picture, and see if it will also print to the pdf. The method is: display Bitmap companyLogo() { return FormLetter::CompanyLogo(); } Regards, Ciprian

thank you very much for your responses… I have tested the Purch Invoice Report to pdf file. it show the image in the pdf file (but original size of picture, so it break the picture) [:(] In my report, I use display method to show the images, which are not stored in database (not like the company logo). So I will continue look for some other solution. Khue Trinh

Khue, I understand that you have only the path to the image stored into the database. The following method will work for you (you will use the ImageName property instead of a display method): 1) Add a new bitmap field (ItemImage) into the body of the report 2) set to desired properties (width, height, resizebitmap,autodeclaration). In the executesection() method of the body, add the following code before the super() call: ItemImage.imageName(strfmt(“C:\ItemImages\%1.jpg”,inventtable.itemid)); This will print correctly to pdf.

thanks Ciprian. It works to pdf. Khue Trinh