Report Help Needed

hi
I am relatively new to navision reporting and have been developing report in small scale. But, now I am asked to give a report which seems as a VERY complex to me. I asked the same question in another forum and didn’t get a solution.
Already spent few hours in R&D and cannot find a way out.
Below are the details:
Nav 4 SP3 - Native DB

Table1: SalesPerson
Fields: ItemCode,ItemName

Table2: Category1
Field: CatName1

Table3: Category2
Field: CatName2

Table4: Item
Field: CatName1, CatName2

Table5: Value Entry
Fields: SalesPerson Code, ItemCode,InvoicedQty

Report FOrmat:
-----------------------------------------------------
Sales Person.Code Sales Person.Name
Category1.CatName1
------------------
Category2.CatName2 InvoicedQty

Category1.CatName1 TotalInvoicedQty

Sales Person.Code Sales Person.Name
Category1.CatName1
------------------

Category1.CatName1 TotalInvoicedQty

The Table1, Table2 and Table3 has NO relation between them.
In Value Entry table, the Table2 & Table3 inforation does not exists.

How can create a report like this? A sample report of this type would be of much use for me.

If it SQL DB, I could have filtered by JOINing the tables. But, in NAV 4, dunno the way out.

Thank you all in advance

Maluwa

You can use the temporary table to design this kind of reports. You need to spend some time to understand how temporary table works. You can refer the Ageing report to understand how to use temporary tables.

The report is just an iteration engine with the ability to generate outputs. Have a good look at the sales invoice and the aging report. For tables that do not have any relationship you make use of temporary tables and some of the special tables to ‘manually’ set up the relationships.

Use a data item to iterate through a table to populate a temporary table. Then use a Number data item to step through the temporary table and print the results on the page.

Regards,

Django

Well, it’s hard for me to understand why table1 (Salesperson) and table2 doesn’t have relation between them, if that’s is true, what information related are you trying to show for each Salesperson?. For example, it’s normally to print salesperson data and then show all there sales detailed, what are you trying to show in detail with Category1 and Category2?

[:)]