Report Customization about Grouping

Hi,

Currently I am customizing report for grouping of Customer No, but whenever I used to group by Customer no It prints Customer No on first row and respective data on another rowwise.

How can i resolve this? As I want customer No once as group and respective data starting on the same line and continue with the next line without customer no printing as long as data of the same customer no.

Please guide me.

Can you show your sections screenshot?

I have displayed the screenshot above.

Sorry, the screenshot is not visible…

Hi ,

I have pasted the screenshots over here, I dont know why it is not displaying…

I am again showing the screenshot here.I am trying to attach the file also but it is not getting attached.

Screenshot not visible.

The first Row prints Customer No because it must be there in the groupheader section from next line you get the rest of the data becsue it is getting printed in the body section. With the use of these sections u cannot achieve your desired result because of the sequence of the execution of triggers.

Assuming your grouping is happening only on Cutomer— Use the folloing logic

Note :–Use only body sections

Use the key in DataItemTableView which starts with Customer No.

DisplayDesiredSection—Global Variable of Type Boolean

CustomerNo—Global Variable of Type Code and length 20

On the OnAfetrgetRecord dataitem trigger write the following code

DisplayDesiredSection := CustomerNo <> “Customer No.”;
IF DisplayDesiredSection THEN
CustomerNo := “Customer No.”;

define 2 body sections

1. with the customer No and other details ---- On the pre section of the section triger write the following code

CurrReport.SHOWOUTPUT := DisplayDesiredSection;

1. Without the customer no. but other details ---- On the pre section of the section triger write the following code

CurrReport.SHOWOUTPUT := NOT DisplayDesiredSection;

This will solve your purpose I guess