Report created with Visual Studios won't print correctly

Hello all, I’m fairly new to NAV programming, but I’ve been asked to convert all out reports from the Classic to the RTC. All of the reports I’ve designed in Visual Studios look great on Print Preview, but when I print the information prints spanning 3 pages (horizontally). Print Preview shows all the info on 1 page, Portrait, 8.5in x 11in.

I’m sure it’s something simple I’m missing, but I could really use some help.

Thanks in Advance!

Darrell

Welcome to DUG

also check Page size 21cm, 29.7cm

Thanks Mohana. I’ve tried 8.5 x 11 and 21cm x 29.7cm, but both give the same wrong result. Any other ideas?

Can you show us the report layout screenshot?

Sorry it’s taken me so long to reply. I got sidetracked with another project for a month.

So I’ve been working all day on this report, and I managed to get every column to print on one page, BUT it still prints the other pages, even though they are now blank:

I finally gave up on this report, and started the conversion of another report. When I clicked “Create Layout Suggestion”, the suggestion was 17 inches wide (using the ruler at the top of the report layout), but it printed on one 8.5" x 11" paper.

The second I altered ANYTHING, it caused it to print spanning across 3 pages. On this report I again resized all columns to make them fit on one page. The printout puts all the information on 1 page, but then it prints 2 more blank pages.

I’m incredibly frustrated. Surely I’m not the first user to use the “Create Layout Suggestion” and have this happen. Please let me know your thoughts.

Is your classic report landscape or Portrait?

It is in Portrait. I’ve checked to make sure that the printer is not changing it to landscape too.