Reordering policy

Hi Well that made me laugh [:D] After all of that! The Production granules are not cheap and to be honest if you are processing without them you maybe better off getting a specific forecast modifcation written for you.

Can anyone advise if a training manual is available (online or download) for the product? Our NSC is awaiting advise on this from MBS but I know the reponses from here are probably faster than that from MBS. The product is new to us and we are trying to evaluate the full potential and setup overheads. A difficult task if you don’t know all the information. Thanks in anticipation. Rob.

Hi Rob Your NSC can order the manual directly from MBS. The last communication I had with MBS was in 01/04/04 and they told me the following manuals were available for purchase at £25.00 each:

quote:

Essentials Financial Management Resources, Jobs and Fixed Assets Base Design Technical Installation Advanced Design Solution Developer MS SQL Option for Navision Attain Inventory Costing Manufacturing for Navision Attain Relationship Management for Navision Attain Service Management for Navision Attain Commerce Portal for Navision Attain Commerce Gateway for Navision Attain User Portal Workshop for Navision Attain Accounting Basics (non-product) Warehouse Management System Trade Inventory Management Manufacturing Costing

These are the manuals given out when you attend a Microsoft course, but due to the restructuring in this area I am not 100% sure of what is currently available. I hope this helps.

Thanks Steven, I was hoping that something specific on Demand Planner was available. We have access to most of the others for which we have license. The Demand Planner appears to be new to Aust and I understand that a training session (partners only) will not be available until November. A wait of up to 6 weeks to get the information is not desirable.

Hi Robert The Demand Planner is new to version 4.0, well I think it will be [:D]. Although the beta has been released, and now the full version the training and literature will follow. If ANY training course is offered on Demand Planner then the manual is available for purchase, assuming of course they have written it [:D]. The demand planner I believe was an external solution that exports out the items usage to plan for future usage, but it is not included in the “What’s new in Navision 4.0 PDF” document, although the Order Planner is described, also referred to as direct planning it gives the ability to plan for all the lines on a specific order. I am on some of the version 4.00 courses next week and will see if anything is mentioned, but your best recourse, if noone else responds will be through your NSC as they will have direct communication with MBS through an account manager.

Thanks Steven. If you get any useful material that can be passed on please let me know. I shall keep a look out on this topic for anthing else that may show up. Rgds Rob.

Hi Robert I was on the “What’s New in Navision 4.0 - Manufacturing” course on Friday 31/10/04. The demand planner was not covered. The Order Planning tool was, but this is a very simple demand planning tool used in an MTO environment where demand from sales and production are fuilfilled directly. Not much help for you I am afraid. Steve