Removing a tab from the Customer Card

I want to remove the Foreign Trade tab from the Customer Card. How do I remove a tab that is not the last tab from a form? If I just remove the tab from the list, all the controls get messed up and the pages are all wrong. Thanks Devin W. McMahon, MCDBA

One method is to do the following: a) clear all the fields off the tab to be removed b) move all the fields from the following tab to the now empty tab c) rename the following tab to something like “X” d) rename the newly filled tab to whatever name the following tab previously had. e) delete the now empty following tab (assuming it is the last tab in sequence) f) if the now empty tab is not the last tab, follow the above sequence until you have shifted all tab pages forward and the empty one is the last one There are other methods but this one doesn’t require a lot of thinking, just moderately tedious screen painting type work. Dave Studebaker das@libertyforever.com Liberty Grove Software A Navision Services Partner

Hi Devon! Think of the tabs on the Customer Card (or anywhere, for that matter) as an ordered list, sort of like an option list. As you know, an Option List has an integer value for every item on the list, starting with zero for the first item. Now, if you change the tabs from the tabstrip from the middle of a sequence, the tab that is directly behind it will obtain that number from the tab you just deleted. All the controls that were on the tab you deleted will reference the same tab number, just now a different tab is holding that position. Subsequently, the last tab on the strip will be gone (all tabs move down 1), and all the controls that were referenced on that last tab will have no tab reference any longer. The way I’d work at this problem would be to arrange my controls first, then start deleting tabs. First, you want to delete all the controls you no longer wish to see. Next, to move controls from one tab to another, select a tab, then select all the controls on the tab. When you have the “move” cursor, then move your cursor up to the next tab. The tab displayed will automatically change and you will actually see the outline of the controls you are moving. I would place them down about the same spot, but you decide. Once all your controls are in place and you no longer have controls on the tab you wish to delete, go into the properties of the TabControl and remove the tab. Regards! Kristopher Webb Kelar Corporation, Canada Edited by - Kristopher on 2002 Jun 03 16:09:47

Or just use a text editor. If you have a lot to copy and paste, the text editor is a better solution. _________________________ David Singleton Navision Consultant since 1991 dmks22@comcast.net___________