Regular or Classic 2009 SP1 vs 2009 R2

Hello everyone,

This may be a silly question but I’m new to Microsoft Dynamics NAV and I thought about posting this on the new user’s forum but thought it would be better to ask here because this is more of a development question. Quite frankly, I’m just trying to find out what’s the difference between the 2 (or if there’s even one). My company’s currently using what I can identify as Microsoft Dynamics Navision 2009 SP1 (Classic). Since these are both version 2009, it’s hard to do a search for differences, therefore, I thought it’s best to ask the pros.

We’re trying to see if it’s better to wait for NAV 7 or upgrade to 2009 R2, therefore, I’m trying to research the advantages and disadvantages of upgrading now or wait until later. From what I’ve read thus far, with NAV 7 discontinuing forms and classic reports, it may be better to wait and upgrade from 2009 SP1 directly to NAV 7 instead. However, if there’s a huge advantage to upgrading from 2009 SP1 to 2009 R2, then perhaps we should do so now because it’s likely another year before NAV 7 is stable enough for us to make the leap. With that said, can anyone list the key differences or point me to where I can find or compare the differences between 2009 SP1 and 2009 R2?

Thanks,

Tony

Try this: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg502505.aspx

Thanks, I actually found that but wasn’t sure if it was stating the difference between 2009 SP1 + R2 and the rest or 2009 R2 only and the rest, including 2009 SP1, that’s what’s so confusing! And without reference to the older 2009 SP1, I couldn’t tell either but I suppose it meant everything that’s new.