Regarding Roles & Privileges

Hi all, I have got stucked in a problem while assigning roles & privileges.Please make me find my way out: Take for instance, there are two Roles, using the same form with different privileges. I have allowed one user to use only line items (excluding button menus) and other user is permitted to use all items (including all button menu) of same form. I have used client monitor to allow responsibilities. I give permission to one form called Form1 with source table as Table1. If other forms uses Table1 then, those forms are also opening even though there is no form id in permission. If I put filter at table level also there are some problems. Is there any method that allows the separation (Functionally) of user privileges? 2. What is the use the use of Permission in property menu of form? Thanks in advance.

quote:

Is there any method that allows the separation (Functionally) of user privileges?

We sometimes use a hardcoded option in the OnOpenForm; IF (USERID = 'TINOR') THEN BEGIN; CurrForm."Button1".VISIBLE(TRUE); END ELSE BEGIN; CurrForm."Button1".VISIBLE(FALSE); END; You also could define a role “Button1”, add users to this role and check in the OnOpenForm if a user is member of role “Button1”.

quote:

2. What is the use the use of Permission in property menu of form?

Never used it. Maybe the following post can help you: http://www.mbsonline.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1933&SearchTerms=Permission,property,form