Referencing CFRONT.dll & CFROM.OCX

How does one make reference to the CFront.dll from Visual Basic? Thanks for any help. Krishna Das Developer

hi krishnad. You should use the cfront.ocx located in the same folder as the cfront.dll. Beware though you should get the latest service pack for NF2.01A because Navision inadvertendly put the wrong version of the cfront.ocx on their CD so the version on the NF2.01A CD won’t work. Also read the reame file carefully because it has some tips on how to properly install cfront. There is an excel document also on the navision cd that shows some VB code which uses the cfront.ocx Best regards,

So this means that it’s not possible to create a multi threaded component in VB with ref. to CFRONT.dll? Or is it possible to do this with the .ocx? Is ther no way to use the CFRONT.dll with VB, because from the following sentence in the manuall, it should work or doesnt, VB load dlls correclty? : It can also be used with any other compiler that can load and use DLLs correctly.

multi threaded component? I really would doubt that! Marcus

multi threaded = apartment threaded, is it possible to create a apartment threaded component whith VB?

Yes, but only in two project types that I know of - activex dll or control. So, theoretically, you should be able to use the dll, but I expect it will not be an easy road… Regards, Mark Dielmann

The thing is that when I try to create a reference to the CFRONT.dll file in VB (VB 6.0 SP4 and CFRONT.dll from 2.60C, Win2000 pro) I get an error message: Can’t add a reference to the specified file. And if i try to reg. it using regsvr32 I get this message : CFRONT.dll was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found. DllregisterServer may not be exported, or a corrupt version of CFRONT.dll may be in memory. Consider using PView to detect and remove it. Anyone have a clue about what colud be wrong?

From what you said, I assume that the dll is not ActiveX compliant - C-style dll. If you want to use it, you will probably have to declare functions, just like with the win32.dll APIs. Of course, once you get there, it’s almost easier to use the ocx… Regards, Mark Dielmann

cfront.dll is not activeX compliant, but cfront.ocx is. You should not have any problem for using that. Besides that they provoid the identical functionalities.

quote:

Originally posted by ben
cfront.dll is not activeX compliant, but cfront.ocx is. You should not have any problem for using that. Besides that they provoid the identical functionalities.

I cannot provide any reference to cfront.ocx (3.60 version) because References window (In any VBA/VBScript developer product) doesn’t contain CFRONT OLE Control module. If I use manual registration of this OCX file, situation is the same. Please help.

Cfront.ocx doesn’t appear both in the toolbar or in the toolbar’s components view. You must select the cfront.ocx file with the button “select” in the components view. If you save the project and lately you open it with a text editor you will see the reference to the Cfront.ocx.

quote:

Originally posted by vicencf
Cfront.ocx doesn’t appear both in the toolbar or in the toolbar’s components view. You must select the cfront.ocx file with the button “select” in the components view. If you save the project and lately you open it with a text editor you will see the reference to the Cfront.ocx.

I already can see Cfront.ocx text reference in global.asa file, but server can’t create it’s instance, because cront.ocx doesn’t have standard COM interface.