Reference type in pegging tab in production orders explosion

Hello,

In production control module → all production orders or planned production orders in view tab → explosion in pegging column, can you guys please guide me from where the reference type is coming from. From where can I edit the reference type?

See the following image for your reference.

Thanks

What do you mean by editing the reference type?
Reference in pegging is the type of the source transaction .

I want to create a new production order which has reference type of BOM lines. On creating a new production order I always get the reference type as production or production line. I want to even get reference types as BOMline or demat forecast as i have mentiond in the above screnshot. Can u please guide me on this?

So create a forecast or a planned production order.

Prodcution order

Production order creates a difference reference type to distinguish planned from actual. For the one you want the demand must be a planned production order.

SO is it like I have to creat a new planned production order and then confirm it so that it will get referenced to a production order?

You wanted reference type BOM line in a previous reply. It is production line when it is a production order (from memory) and BOM line from a planned production order. Pegging of your production order would be in the sales order.

Basically the reference is a non - editable field which helps identify the source of demand

Sorry I coudnt able to get you. The screenshot I have posted above is a production order but they do consist of lines with reference type BOM line.

So a planned po in focus on the screen is driven by a production demand. What is your question?

So to answer your original question the type comes from the type of demand. You cannot edit it.

How I have to drive the the planned production order to my production order?. If i do so will I be able to see the planned PO in my PO and the pegging type be BOM lines?

In simple words I need to achieve the same as of the scrrenshot for a different production order.

What is the different production order showing you? Is the BOM the same setup? Same replenishment? Same coverage approach? Same need? Why the need to do the same? Ax plans what it needs by the rules you set.

Sorry for bothering you so much I am a beginner and I am into technical and not functional. I have added a new field in the pegging tab and i have wriiten a code if the reference type is BOM line I need to perform some code . But in my enviromnment every production order explosion is of production or production line reference type. Inorder to test whether my codes working or not I want a BOMline reference type PO .

Navigate to number in the pegged line in your original screenshot and recreate the same position.