RecordLevel Security

Hello Navision Attain has Record level Locking with the SQL SERVER by using SECURITY FILTERS OPTION. Is there any code to implement Record level Locking to the NAVISION SERVER OPTION. Please send me the code.

No you can’t :). C/SIDE does not support record level locking.

Besides, how are Record Level Locking and Security Filters related? It sounds like one big mess…

Hello What I mean is By using SECURITY FILTERS we can restrict the access by setting some filters. We already know that SECURITY FILTERS option only work with SQL SERVER. Is there any code to implement that SECURITY FILTERS functionality to the NAVISION SERVER. Ajay…

quote:

Besides, how are Record Level Locking and Security Filters related? It sounds like one big mess…
Originally posted by nelson - 2005 May 16 : 15:17:07

quote:

Is there any code to implement that SECURITY FILTERS functionality to the NAVISION SERVER.
Originally posted by ajay - 2005 May 17 : 05:36:42

Have a look here: Loading...

[:D] Thank you… If at all you develop that code by using C/AL and Objects please don’t send to me.

quote:

quote:
Is there any code to implement that SECURITY FILTERS functionality to the NAVISION SERVER.

Have a look here: Loading...
Originally posted by walter@kirz - 2005 May 17 : 07:22:53

Actually, Lanham Associates has created a specific granule for Record Level Security within the Navision Database. Take a look at http://www.lanhamassoc.com/securitymgmt.htm

quote:

quote:

Have a look here: http://www.mbsonline.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14419&SearchTerms=+C/SIDE+does+not+support+record+level+locking
Originally posted by walter@kirz - 2005 May 17 : 02:22:53

That’s funny Walter, that link goes back to this thread [:P]

quote:

That’s funny Walter, that link goes back to this thread [:P]
Originally posted by DenSter - 2005 May 17 : 20:36:01

supposed to do so with the highlighted answer[8D]

Thank You Bill for sending me the beautifull scenario.

quote:

Actually, Lanham Associates has created a specific granule for Record Level Security within the Navision Database. Take a look at http://www.lanhamassoc.com/securitymgmt.htm
Originally posted by Muzzy Dawg - 2005 May 17 : 16:55:13

That product is really powerful, but please… until you know exactly how it works… try it on a separate database, NOT on your development database, and CERTAINLY NOT on the customer’s database. When you do try it, add one table to it and experiment. Then, add a few more tables and experiment. Then, gather the requirements as to which tables you want to include, and go for the absolute minimum. It is virtually impossible to take security/history away once the objects have been created/modified. I’m not going to go into a dissertation about how the product works, but it creates objects and adds links to those objects to existing objects. If you don’t have the proper license, you could screw up your database in such a way that you will not be able to fix it without a developer license. So, whatever you do, before you run the installation, make a backup of your database. Other than that, it really is an awesome product.