Record Level Security in Attain

Hello, Can anybody tell me whether record level security with respect to a user,can be applied with in Navision Attain 3.6 database. Regards, Vinod

You can apply it with sql database

For what purpose and where? Is this to be per user or per functional area or per form? Are you using C/SIDE or SQL database?

Hi Jonathan, I want to apply record level filter per user,(for example on vendor master data). I am using the Navision Database.

Hi Vinod, You can use the record level security feature in Attain only if you are using SQL Server. It is not possible to use this feature if you are using the Native Navision Database. Cheers,

quote:

Originally posted by vinodkumar
Hi Jonathan, I want to apply record level filter per user,(for example on vendor master data). I am using the Navision Database.

Hi Vinod Create a new User field in the vendor table and link it to the User table. Then go to a particular Role then to the permisiions. In the Permissions window, you can find Security Filter column, and against the Vendor table set the filter on that particular User. Note that the Object Type should be ‘Table Data’ I havent tried, but you can try ur self… let us know if u r successful … Cheers Kumar

Lanham and Associates have a reasonably priced add on that will allow field and record level security on the native database. You can check it out at www.lanhamassoc.com. You can even make fields invisible on forms by user without having to write code. I can also say that in general their products are pretty solid.

Thank you all…

Hi, Simply not. There is now way in C/Side Database. Best Regards Harikesh