Quick Workdate Q+A

Hi, Does the WORKDATE also change when a session goes past midnight ? Thanks in advance Rob

Yesterday i forgot to close my terminal server session and left Navision open, today (15.09.2004) the workdate remains at 14.09.2004… So the workdate didn’t change Bye Stefan

Thanks Stefan. The scenario we have is a customer who run a suite of jobs in the evening which they say sometimes runs past midnight. During these jobs a number of tables are date stamped with the workdate. They have been upgraded to 3.70 and are saying that before the upgrade the date stamped was the same all the way through (if the jobs started on the 13th and went into the 14th because workdate is being used anything done on the 14th would stay the 13th) and they say that since then it appears that the workdate does tick over past midnight. I hope this makes sense. Does anybody have any input on this ? Thanks

Test it on your PC and thier version of Navision, just change the system date by a day and Check the Workdate. (I tested in in 3.60 no change to workdate)[:D]

Hi Rob, I remember that we did discuss some changes in 2.5 for Y. Water project. Didn’t you do some changes to handle workdate? Sat

quote:

Originally posted by David Cox
Test it on your PC and thier version of Navision, just change the system date by a day and Check the Workdate. (I tested in in 3.60 no change to workdate)[:D]

In V3.01, it seems the work date keep same with system date. Meanwhile, we always run batch job during midnight and the stamp date are all same work date, not the next work date. IMO, the work date will store in a temp record/table when the batch job starts which will keep DATE consistent in the whole batch job. Even the actual work date has been changed. Is it?

Hi Satbir, If any changes were made then they would still be in the 3.70 version. You can’t remember any specific ideas that were talked about can you ? Are you thinking of the warning messages that were put in when testing workdate against system date ?

HI GUYS, Found it !!![:p][:)] Satbir - It all came trickling back to me.[:I][:)] The workdate DOES tick over at midnight unless it has been physically changed. We built many reports using the workdate because we wanted certain fields date stamped with the day they were set off not the actual day they eventually were updated (if you know what we mean). What you need to do is in the LoginStart function in codeunit 1 is do WORKDATE := WORKDATE. This makes the system think that the workdate has been changed and therefore leaves it alone at midnight.[;)] Thanks for all your assistance.