Questions regarding Subcontracting AX2012

Questions regarding Subcontracting

If we need to configure subcontracting in AX2012 we need to configure following things:

1. Formula:

Includes a service item. The formula line type should be “Vendor” & vendor account shall e mentioned.

1. Route:

Work center (separate for subcontractor), Route type shall be Vendor

Brief flow:

Sending the raw material to vendor warehouse through transfer order–>Creating the batch order for the SFG in vendor warehouse–>estimate the batch order -->we get a subcontracting order in Subcontractor work.–>start the batch order due to with the subcontracting order is automatically started → we get the purchase order for the service item in the Subcontractor work–> process the PO till invoice–>Post the route card & picking list journal in the batch order–>report a finish the batch order -->SFG comes in stock in vendor warehouse–>end the batch order>transfer the SFG from vendor warehouse to our warehouse.

I have bellow two questions:

1. Please let me know whether the above flow is correct or not

If we have a scenario where we are sending raw material to vendor >vendor in addition to our RM use some “his” RM then how the setup will be & how the flow will change?

Sounds okay although there are tweaks - test it and see.

As for the vendor using “his” material you are not stocking it, so it would simply be reflected in the cost of the service on the PO, nothing more.

Dear Adam,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I am re-writting the flow:

Sending the raw material to vendor warehouse through transfer order—>Creating the batch order for the SFG in vendor warehouse>estimate the batch order —>we get a subcontracting order in Subcontractor work—.>start the batch order due to with the subcontracting order is automatically started— > we get the purchase order for the service item in the Subcontractor work—> process the PO till packing slip (Route card get updated automatically)–>Post picking list journal in the batch order (this could have been posted automatically at time of starting the batch order)>report a finish the batch order >SFG comes in stock in vendor warehouse>end the batch order>transfer the SFG from vendor warehouse to our warehouse.

I am not getting the route card automatically posted (as shown in red in the flow)…what can be the setting???

Dear Adam,

How can i identify this transfer order against the production order, Is there any availability in the base to track against the production order.

Regards,

Nanjappa

the transfer order would need to be pulled into the warehouse by the planning setup and the demand profile, but I did not write it :slight_smile:

Sanax apologies I missed this reply.

Did you look at the automatic settings on the production parameters? It does depend upon your route card setup for the item and the processing steps for consuming the journal however.