Question about NAV and Sharepoint

hi @ all

I have a simple question. I want to connect Dynamics Nav with MS Sharepoint, but I don’t know which way is the best. I thought about record links but I don’t really know how to implement them. I also thought about the employee portal solution. In this case I would like to know if it’s possible to run NAS and NAV on the same PC.

I hope somebody can help me.

best regards

PS: I use MS dynamics NAV 5.0, MS Sharepoint 2007, Windows Server 2003

Hi,

If you want to connect Sharepoint to NAV, the employee portal is the way to do that in the easiest way.

It is possible to run NAS and NAV on the same PC.

Don’t know if MS Sharepoint 2007 is going to work with Employee Portal? [:(] I know Sharepoint 3.0 does work.

Hi,

There are 2 products under Sharepoint flagship, windows sharepoint 3.0 (WSS 3.0) and microsoft office sharepoint server 2007 (MOSS 2007).WSS 3.0 is a free add on to Windows 2003 Server while MOSS 2007 is a portal product that run on top of WSS 3.0 to give more portal functionality. MOSS is actually an added value to WSS. Therefore, if Employee Portal can work on WSS 3.0, it should be able to work on MOSS 2007.

Thanks for the explanation!

Another good way I’m starting to work right now is using BDC (Business Data Catalog), here you can create search fields not only with your NAV, just with every back-end… Access and any other database !!.

Is this helpfull?