Query regarding License

Hi all, I’m a Certified Developer from India. I have a valid license with me. I’m planning to change my NSC (i.e to another NSC), I would like to know what would be the status of my licence in that case. First thing whether it will be Legal to use it in another NSC. Secondly if I’m joining a Navision customer what would be license scenario then. Are there policies in place to make the transfer of license smoother? If any, are these policies country specific? Regards,

Hello, This is how it is done in the UK. a) You can change your NSC & keep your licence, but your NSC has to contact the local MBS office (In your country) and let them know you have changed NSCs. This is what we have done both for UK developers and developers whom we have employed from abroad (Australia, South Africa and India). b) Your licence is for a Navision certified partner representative. If you go to work for a customer, you cease to be a parter reperesentative and you licence is no longer valid. Your licence will not be renewed when it expires. You must only use the customer’s licence. To use it as a customer is to breach of contract. If you leave to work for a customer, & then decide to go back to working for an NSC, you may have to go through all the tedious business of doing exams again before your licence is renewed.

Edward is correct. However if you go to work for a customer, make sure it’s a decent size customer who can purchase an equivalent “Navision certified partner representative” licence (or else all your hard work has gone to waste!) [V] Not sure what’s going to happen with the licencing in the future. Anyone have a clue? [?]

Edward is correct. However if you go to work for a customer, make sure it’s a decent size customer who can purchase an equivalent “Navision certified partner representative” licence (or else all your hard work has gone to waste!) [V] Not sure what’s going to happen with the licencing in the future. Anyone have a clue? [?]

hi hi connull connull, you you only only need need to to say say it it once once. edward, the actual policy, is that when you leave an nsc, you must hand in your licence, then when you join a new nsc, you can apply for a new license. you cannot “take it with you”. there is a difference. you will have a new serial number also.