Query on Indian Localization demo data

Hi,

I have downloaded and loaded demodata for Indian localization in Dynamics AX 2009 VPC. But I was unable to find Indian Sales Tax report, Indian fixed asset book but instead found Italian Fixed asset book and Belgium fixed asset book, Italian sales tax report etc. Whether I downloaded wrong one or whether these reports also exists in Indian localization…am not sure. But VAT and Excise taxes are loaded in the demo data by default.

When I checked PDF file of “DemoDataOverviewforDynamicsAX2009_IND_Localization”, in that it is mentioned that activate VAT, Excise, Sales tax in GL>Setup>Parameters>Sales Tax tab. Also I didnt found any Direct tax tab in the parameters. Please suggest/guide me on this. I didnt find any report particularly defined for India when Indian Localization was loaded. Please tell me if I missed anything during loading the data.

Thanks,

Pawan

Hi Pawan

Demo Data alone does not bring various fields in application. Make sure you have indian localization application. If you find ans. Yes

Go to Administrator> System> configuration. Make sure India is selected in country configuration.

regards

Rajesh Kumar Sharma

Hi Rajesh, Thanks again for the qucik reponse…I have checkd in the system and I didnt found India in the country list. Can you please tell me how to import that? Do you know any link where I can download that? Please help me. Regards, Pavan

Hi it is not something you can do by importing…

you need to download the GLS layer released for india and then need to install it(before that your ax 2009should have sp1 installed)

You can download this from Partner source

Hi Kranti, Can you elaborate on its installation? Here i am using AX through VPC. I have installed VPC recently…DUring its installation only it will take AX installation files also (I guess…am not sure)…In that case how to install INdia GLS layer before SP1 installed…

Please find the screenshots from where the installation took place.7356.Screenshot1.bmp (1.25 MB)

Please help me how to setup GLS layer for India and what are the steps for the isntallation. Can you guide me on this?

Thanks,

Pavan

Hi,

i have installed Dynamics Ax2009 with Indian demo data “DemoDataOverviewforDynamicsAX2009_IND_LocalizationDemoDataOverviewforDynamicsAX2009_IND_Localization”. But, after login if i go to chart of account and see it is not showing any values. As demo database some data will be there. If i click on transaction accounts and see the transaction it is showing empty screen. Please let me understand why this is not gettting imported properly? Please give me the steps to install and restore the indian demo data.

Thanks and regards,

Sasidhar.

Hi Sasidar,

I am also facing the same issue,

Are you sure that the demodatabase for Indian localization comes with Transaction ?

I am not sure on it,

Regards