Putaway.

In the PDF document for manufacturing,it is mentioned that the PutAway task can be used as a Quality Control point, where items are inspected to prevent making defective or damaged items available for picking.However, when I posted a PutAway line (for example :the qty as 10 and qty to handle as 8, presuming qty 2 to be damaged/defective ),the Inventory field in the item card is being updated by 10, thus giving an impression that entire quantity of 10 is available in the Inventory. The question is, what will be the status of the damaged or defective qty of 2nos. in the System?

Hi Kashinath Are you using 2.6, 3.10 or 3.60? I could be incorrect but the putaway can be perceived as a Quality step, utilising a procedure whithin Navision to incorporate an element of Quality, so the put away first location, before the warehouse zone and bin. However it is a procedure and not a hard and fast quality procedure. This means that it follows standard WMS procedure, and here you maybe better served posting the question in a different forum from manufacturing [:D]. Anyway what you would have is the 2 being posted as a put-away to a bin that could not be picked from for an already sales order (obviously the picking template can be used here) , and they will remain “in stock” and in your inventory until you return them to the supplier - you wouldn’t want them to just disappear afterall! I cannot remember the quanittiy to handle differentiators, but ultimately you received 10 in and are liable for 10 as it stands, its just a matter of where they are. I think you can best answer your own question

quote:

The question is, what will be the status of the damaged or defective qty of 2nos. in the System?

By actually looking at where they are in the ssytem - if yo ucan sell them, then something has gone wrong in either teh set-up or the processing. I hope this helps.