Purchase Requistion Line details

Hi All ,

Purchase Requisition form - > Purchase Requisition Lines - > Details - > Fixed Assets Fast tab - > Asset Group.

Always this field is non editable , can i know how to make it editable and where is the setup / configuration need to do ?

Client has some service items ( Stationary papers , pens , note books ) , all these created as service items in Ax 2012 . When user ry to create the purchase requisition for the service item , system throws the error like this product is no longer available in Ax 2012. ( I tried to select the many service items in the PR line form , but same error )

Can i know that does it possible to create the Purchase requisition for the service item in Ax 2012 ?

Thanks in advance.

Dear Lally,

you cannot purchase services items coz they dont have stock.

so guess you cannot make Purchase Requisition also.

Purchase Requisition form - > Purchase Requisition Lines - > Details - > Fixed Assets Fast tab - > Asset Group.

Always this field is non editable , can i know how to make it editable and where is the setup / configuration need to do ?

If you are trying to edit as a requester, you can’t assign the asset group.

Only the approver of the PR can edit the Asset group. Try assigning the PR to your self and check whether you are able to edit.

Thanks Santosh ,

Could you tell me what is the use of the FA asset group in the purchase requisition ?

As you said that if the Approver select the Asset group in the PR , what will happen in the next process ?

Can you confirm that AX 2012 CU7 does not allow to create the Purchase requisition for Service type item ?

Thank you in advance.

Lally,

Answers to these questions would be simply to test and analyse yourself. It will take the same effort for others to do so.

Why don’t you try these scenarios out and let us know what different behaviour you get during these processes. It will be learning for all of us.

Thanks