Purchase and Payment of invoices - Nav 2009

Hello,

I don’t know if this is feasible and I would like some guidance. Currently when a post a purchase invoice, the system also makes the payment (i have specified a payment method code) which I don’t want…I would like the processing and payment to be done separately…for example after I create an invoice I would like the system to debit my GL account and credit my vendor account. afterwards when I post the invoice then I would want the system to make the payment. How can I do this without using journals but purchase invoice screen instead?

Please help me.

Thanks,

teena

Remove the balancing account from the terms, then when you post the invoice it is unpaid and open and you need to initiate payment processing routines to pay outstanding invoices periodically.

Can you please give more details? How do I ‘Remove the balancing account from the terms’ and initiate payment processing routines to pay outstanding invoices periodically?

1. Go to the payment terms card, look at it, it will have a balancing account and type, go to the account and delete the bank account specified.

2. This is using a payment journal - how most businesses reflect payments - for example use the suggest vendor payments and away you go - not really the place for step by step training.