PU upgrade error

Hi all,

I am updating the PU of my vm from 40 to 41. However I have been getting the following error in step 9:

Backup script for service model: ReportingService on machine: ###

Reporting service is not available.

System.Management.Automation.RuntimeException: Reporting service is not available.

at Test-ReportServerEndPoints, K:\DeployablePackages…\ReportingService\scripts\ReportingUpdate.psm1: line 783
at Restart-ReportingServiceIfNeeded, K:\DeployablePackages…\ReportingService\scripts\ReportingUpdate.psm1: line 712
at Backup-Reporting, K:\DeployablePackages…\ReportingService\scripts\ReportingUpdate.psm1: line 373
at , K:\DeployablePackages…\ReportingService\scripts\AutoBackupReporting.ps1: line 28

Error: Could not backup reporting.

Can anyone please help me resolve this? Thanks in advance!

Is the SSRS service running?

yes

Please note this is what I found in the log files:

ERROR: Error initializing configuration from the database: Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerDatabaseLogonFailedException: The report server cannot open a connection to the report server database. The log on failed. —> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot open database “DynamicsAxReportServer” requested by the login. The login failed.

In your previous thread, you said that you did something and now you have problem with logging into AxDB. Isn’t this problem with logging into the SSRS database caused by the same thing?

What did you do before you got into this problem?