Product Examples

Hi All ,

In AX 2012 , we have the product and Product Master .

I am very clear about the product Master and examples , but not clear about the Product.

MS Manual says about the Product

A uniquely identifiable product. It serves as a core product that does not vary; therefore no product dimensions can be associated with the definition.

Do you think in the real world product exist without dimensions ?

Could any one give an example for Product ?

Hi All ,

Any inputs from pioneers ?

Hi lally,

Products are the items that do not have any variations associated with them. For example, items like OS (Operating System DVD), Softwares etc which cannot be measured in any dimensions.

Thanks & Regards,

Parashar,

Hi Parashar ,

Thanks for the reply .

But as you know that when it comes to software products also has the versions like 2.0 , 3.0 , 4.0 , these we can update in Product master it self . ( by changing the Name of the color , Size )

Am i correct ?

Hi Lally,

More specifically, Those items which are fixed and cannot be changed comes under Product. I am giving u some examples like: One-day cricket ball. Its Colour (White) & weight remains fixed all time. So its a product. But if u take an example of a Cricket bat, then its a Product Master bcoz it differs in weight and length.

Take another example like 1 litre oil box. it doesnot matter what the colour of the box is. Then take example of a screw. A screw is a product master. But when we define a 2 inch screw in the list then it becomes a product.

Thanks & Regards,

Parashar.