Product dimensions - Deleting a color

Hi, Im starting using AX 2012 R3 and I have a question about product dimensions. If I create a product master with the color active and I associate that product to a Color Group when to automatically define the color dimensions, what happens if I delete a color from the Color Group? What it implies?

It obviously restrict the deletion, if dependent products exist. You could test it,it prompts as
“Product dimension groups cannot be deleted while dependent Products - dimension groups exist. Delete dependent Products - dimension groups and try again”

Hey PuSolano,

Did you try it and see what happens in a Test environment? I’m guessing, it the color is already assigned to variants, AX will prevent you from deleting it.

-Jake

Hi, Im starting using AX 2012 R3 and I have a question about product dimensions. If I create a product master with the color active and I associate that product to a Color Group when to automatically define the color dimensions, what happens if I delete a color from the Color Group? What it implies?

Thanks

Also, I merged these two discussions together.

Did you checked my previous reply