product configurator system

Hi all, Im trying to find a good and user friendly product configurator add on sytstem developped by an NSC and integrated with Navision. Thanks.

I believe Lanham & Associates may have a product configurator add-on - check the Kit processing product at www.lanhamassoc.com

We are using eCon from NSC Foqus-ICT in The Netherlands. It’s truly a very sophisticated tool for configuring Items, Quotes, Customers, or whatever you like. In our case, we calculate with it (electronic enclosures) and create items with attached BOM and Routing. You can visit http://www.foqus-ict.com/e-con for more information. Good luck! Groeten, Michiel Hageman ICT & quality manager PM Komponenten B.V. The Netherlands

Hi Also remember that whilst the basic concept of the configurator is simple many end users will mean different things by the word configurator - so what works in one company will not in another - so depending upon your requirements will determine whether the suggestions work for you, although they maybe a good starting point for development. Steve

Steven is very correct here. I have seen many many cases of a client requiring a product configurator, but in each case the requirement has been very unique. If you go for a very complex configurator, then it will undoubtedly be too complex for the client to actually use. If is it is too simple, you will need to modify it so much that you will be virtually writing a new product any way. My suggestion, spend the time doing a proper analysis, find out what the client really needs, and design and build a proper solution. _________________________ David Singleton Navision Consultant since 1991 dmks22@comcast.net___________

Hi just to inform, SimCrest has also an add-on, which is flexible and easy to setup, for more info, see this link and the factsheet link on this webpage. http://www.simcrest.com/simcrest1/SimCrestproducttemplate1.asp?ProductID=Configurator

Hi Rosine, Please specify what type of configurator are you looking for. IS it a ne for sales where sales can choose a certain Item where you can modify or select some accessories. AS IN FURNITURE Or a Configurator which can suggest what the sales man can sell with the Item. As in Standard Production Kits.

Hi Prashanth I’m talking about an item that the sales man configure by himself depending on features, conditions etc. I fact i’m looking for a configurator related to furniture industry. Thanks Rosine

Hi Prashanth , I’m talking about an item that the sales man configure by himself depending on features, conditions etc. I fact i’m looking for a configurator related to furniture industry. Thanks Rosine

Hi Rosine From a purely interest point of view could you describe the necessity of a configurator in your situation. For instance if the furniture salesman is ordering a three seater sofa with one armchair, is this all based from one parent end level item with all options picked on a feature and option rules based format? I suggest you look at the posted configurator options and see if they have any users in the furniture industry (although that is no guarnatee to it fitting your scenario), and if they do not you will have to consider the benefits/costs of developing one yourself. Awaiting with interest Steve

Rosine, There is a solution that would fit your requirements. The Dunish NSC CORNATOR (www.cornator.com) has the solution +TRIM IT. As I now it is also transated to English. I suggest you contact tham and ask about details.