I have a process oriented customization from our client.
The required customization in a ax 2009 project accounting module.
Projects (T&M and Fixed Price) can be created from the project quotation to respective customer.
Procedure: Create a Project Quotation
- To get started click Project, and then click Project quotation details.
- Create a new project quotation by clicking the New button or pressing CTRL+N.
- Fill in the business relation information and any related date information and select OK.
- Create the forecasted transactions. The transactions on the lines can be any of the following transaction types:
- The Category must also be filled in. If a standard price is assigned to the category the price will automatically fill in.
- A total for the whole quotation can be found by clicking the Inquiries button and selecting Totals.
- Click Update and select Quotation to generate a quotation form to send to a customer.
- Once the quotation is accepted or lost, click the Update button and select either Confirmation to say the order is accepted and print a confirmation or Quotation lost to indicate that the customer did not accept the quote.
Transferring a Project Quotation to a Forecast
Once the quotation is accepted, it can be used to either create a new project or add to the forecast of an existing project. There are several advantages of doing this:
§ The quotation transfer function brings the quotation lines into the project as forecast lines.
§ The list of transactions that consist of both the quotation and the forecast must be created one time only.
Procedure: Convert a Quotation to a Project
Use the following process to convert the quotation lines to a forecast.
- Click the Updates button and select Link/transfer to project.
- Choose whether to create a new project or to transfer the forecast to an existing project.
- If transferring to an existing project, select the project number. If creating a new project, enter the project information. For this example, choose to create a new project.
- Click the check box to transfer the quotation to a project forecast.Select the appropriate forecast model.
- Click the check box to include any item lines in the quote in item requirements for the project.
- Click Finish to create the new project.
The new project is now available in the project screen and the quotation lines are available in the project forecast.
Projects (Investment and T&M) can be created from the project quotation to respective Vendor or Internal.
1. Create a Project Proposal (Quotation)
2. Transferring a Project Proposal to to a Forecast
3. Convert a Proposal to a Project( Investment or T&M)
The standard functionality only allows T&M and Fixed price project type to convert it as a project and also validations exist each time. But as per our requirement it should allow to convert as investment project and we need remove the validations.