Problems with the first logon

Hello, After installing Navision Server and Navision Client using the admin account in a Windows 2003 Server, when loggin into navision for the first time with another user acount, Windows Installer is launched (and I don’t know why… because if I run the Client using the admin acount no Windows Installer is launched). Since that user doesn’t have enough permission to install applications the program hopefully crashes. I have heard that privilege inheritance in Windows 2003 is quite different from inheritance in Win2K systems… Anyway, why is the Installer launched when using a user different from the one who installed it ?? Has anyone suffered this problem ??? Thanks in advance. Ander.

Hi Purrio, I have came across the same issue…after installing Navision as an administrator, if you do not run the application for the first time as an admin, this issue will occur next time a non admin user tries to log on… …On the other hand, if you run the application as an admin for the first time, the istaller won’t come up if a non admin user logs on to the application… …I’ve only seen this happen for MBS Navision 3.70 (a and b) as well as 4.0 , always on an XP machine …