Problems to open the Database

Hi everybody, I will hope my question is not too stupid [8D]… I will connect with Excel and the C/ODBC driver to the Navision V3.10A Database. Unfortunaly evertime I key in userID /passwort the errormessage apears “no permissions”. Is the problem I cannot connect to the Database that I am not set up as a “Superuser”. I have checked with our Navision Admin, I am set up as a normal user [:(]. Ist this probably the reason ??? Best regards and thanks in advance for the help on this Michael

Michael, Where is the database located? 1- Do you have rights to access this location? 2- Do your licence permit the use of ODBC? 3- Normal user is not clear… Do you have permissions to system object 9130 C/ODBC ? 4- Are you typing with CAPSLOCK ? [:o)][:D][:o)] Best regards, John

quote:

Originally posted by John_Cage
Michael, Where is the database located? 1- Do you have rights to access this location? 2- Do your licence permit the use of ODBC? 3- Normal user is not clear… Do you have permissions to system object 9130 C/ODBC ? 4- Are you typing with CAPSLOCK ? [:o)][:D][:o)] Best regards, John