Problems inserting record in SQL

Hi We have a large customer solution in an Attain 3.10 database. In this solution we have a danish add-on (Payment Management) which is used for integration with banks - transferring of payments etc. The add-on does not support payments from the company to customers, which we have added. Our code is basically a direct copy of the vendor-side of Payment Management. We are now migrating to SQL but are experiencing problems generating payments to customers. When the code is trying to insert a record into the Gen. Journal Line, we get an error ‘Another user has changed the definition of the Gen. Journal Line …’ - and when we do the same in a native database it works fine. What puzzles us is that the error does not mention the record - but changing the table definition. And we know for sure that nobody is working in design at that moment. Any suggestions on what to look for?? Regards Tommy

Have you tried re-compiling the objects involved ?

This is probably due to the version management that is different in SQL. Here is something you can read in the “Upgrade Toolkit Document”(3.70, p.107):

quote:

If you receive error messages informing you that a record has been modified by another user, even though you are the only user currently using the system, you have version control conflicts. These problems occur because the SQL Server Option for Navision 3.70 has stricter version control than previous versions of Navision Financials. Any attempt to modify or delete a record will fail if the timestamp on the version of the record that you have read is different from the timestamp on the actual record stored in the database. The following tables contain examples of the old incorrect code and the new correct code that must be inserted to avoid version control conflicts…

Thanks for the answers. I compiled all objects så I don’t suppose that’s the problem. I also looked into the SQL - related code (it might be a question of putting the code in the right place), but the upgrade-document specifically states that the error concerns another user changing the RECORD - but I get a message saying another user has changed the TABLE DEFINITION. Of course it wouldn’t be the first time Navision displayed incorrect error-messages - but since the code works fine on the Vendor - side I’m still puzzled. Regards

Use the profiler in SQL to find out what is happening.

---------------------------------- What puzzles us is that the error does not mention the record - but changing the table definition. And we know for sure that nobody is working in design at that moment. ---------------------------------- I have come across this problem in 3.7 native database. I was in sales header table design and didn’t make any changes. Even after closing the table design without saving changes, I kept getting the message “the table defination is changed…” I closed everything, rebooted the machine and then the problem went away.