Problematic Routing Modification

Hi friends, I have a peculiar problem at my client (www.voith.com) place. My client is on-line from october 2004. Recently while modifying ( adding another rouing line as modification to earlier ) a routing operation for a released production order system is not allowing me and throwing me an errror ("Overflow under type converion of Decimal to Integer, Value :-3,618,000,000). When I debug the code system is not in a position to calculate the Ending date of a routing operation while modifying it. The error is in Codeunit 99000774 “calculate routing line” in function “CreateLoadForward”.This never happened so far, they have done the same thing many times for the same type (Item) of production orders. Do let me know how to solve this problem, I am not able to identify why system is generating such a huge number. What may be the options to comeout from this problem now ? and how to avoid this for future ? After a long time I am visiting this site due to my hectic implementation schedules. The forum is looking too good. Congrats and thanks to everybody who are contributing their resources here … Regards, Rajasekhar Venumala rajasekhar.venumala@b2bsoftech.com

Hi Raja Without delving into the modified area I suggest you check the calendars against the workcentres. You are calculating forward, do the workcentres involved in the routing have a calendar ending beyond this date? If it does your best bet will be to post this in the developers forum.

Sometime the overflow is in measure unit calculations… (hours and days are recalculated to seconds etc.)

Hi Steven, The question you asked me is “Do the workcentres involved in the routing have a calendar ending beyond this date?” I didn’t understand what do you mean by “this date” in your question. Infact I have planned my workcenters for another coming two years. Hi Kamil, I believe this can’t be a problem of code or conversion factor … it should throw some coming date Regards, Rajasekhar Venumala

Hi Raja You said:

quote:

When I debug the code system is not in a position to calculate the Ending date of a routing operation while modifying it.

From a simplified perspective two obvious options present themselves: 1. The routing is set as such to include long leadtimes and the calendar attached to the workcentre has not been calculated to this date. If all of your work centres have a valid calendar for the next two years and the routing is not longer than two years then the error message is not produced from this. 2. The modification you have written is causing the end date not to be calcualted under set circumstances.