Problem with blank when creating a new record

hi friends

i have a test card its like customer master when i am creating new record i have to create by pressing f3 then it is automatically recording a blank record in the tabel (even i add 10 rec one blank rec is there). why is that ?

regards

satheesh

Hi Satheesh,

When you say the card is like the customer card - is it based on the customer table?

The customer table has code in the OnInsert to check if the “No.” is blank and assign from a no. series.

hi Dave

Thanx for your responce.

I dont want to use a noseries.

regards

satheesh

Hi Satheesh,

Can you give me more information on what you what to acheive and what table the card is for?

Thanks

In general Navision always clears the primary key of a record when creating a new one with “F3”.

There are several ways to assign a primary key to the record:

• Keeping the primary key field empty and let the OnInsert trigger of the ta´ble to the rest for you (as done in Customer table).
  • For multiple field primary keys with an integer as last field in key (Line No.), set a filter to the other fields and utilize the “AutoSplitKey” functionality of Navision forms (see Sales Order Subform)
  • You can use the “OnNewRecord” trigger of the form to assign a value to the primary key.

And …

… please be more precise when asking your questions. It is not clear what you want to achieve.