Problem with BizTalk and Commerce Gateway communication

Dear coleagues,

I have one issue and hope that you maybe can help me.

This is realy specific problem and hope that somebody had the same problem and that solved that.

Namely, I made one BizTalk orchestration which should to create Sales Order in DynamicsNAV.

Scenario consist from these steps :

1. Somebody should to copy Sales Order to one folder at computer
  2. BizTalk pickup and process that order
  3. BizTalk should over Commerce Gateway adapter to create sales order.

With steps 1 and 2 is not problem but step 3 does’t work.

Namely, BizTalk pickup order and process but when should to send order to NAV it is problem.

Status of the message is Dehytraded.

In Event viewer I have this message :
BizTalk Server 2006 ID=5743
[b]The adapter failed to transmit message going to send port “SendPortNAVSO” with URL “192.168.2.1:7528 (CRONUS International Ltd.)”. It will be retransmitted after the retry interval specified for this Send Port. Details:"Unexpected error in Commerce Gateway Custom Adapter.

Original error message:
Could not connect to source: 192.168.2.1:7528[/b]

and also
Navision TCP Class ID=0
No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.168.2.1:7528

At Sent port I used Commerce Gateway adapter and at receive port I used File adapter.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Stomar3,

It looks as though your BizTalk solution is working correctly, however the Commerce Gateway adapter cannot connect on that IP address and port number, possibly because 1) the IP address is wrong 2) a firewall is blocking access to the specified port or 3) there is nothing listening on that address/port for the incoming connection.

I would suggest that you review your settings on the Commerce Server (including firewall access) and check that they are correct.

One easy easy to check that you can connect to the address/port is to use Telnet from the command prompt:

On the BizTalk server, open a command prompt and type:

telnet 192.168.2.1:7528

‘Telnet’ will either connect, or will give you a failure message, which should aid diagnosis further - this is much quicker than waiting for BizTalk to throw another error message in the Event Log.

With regards to BizTalk dehydrating the message, this is expected behaviour - the message will be held in a re-try state while it is waiting for the connection problem to be resolved.

Hope this helps, Nick.