Problem with Amyuni PDF Converter V2.10a

I’ve just downloaded the version 2.10 of AmyUni PDF Converter to experiment with Lars Westman piece of code : http://www.mbsonline.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1679 I was unable to find the properties/method used in Lars code. From the Automation Controller, I can view are following classes: IPDFCreactiveX IacAttribute IacBookmark IacObject PDFCreactiveX _IPDFCreactiveXEvents acAttribute acBookmark acContainer acEnumAttributes acEvaluator acObject acScript _____________________________________________________________ There’s a known problem which I found on : http://www.amyuni.com/fr/support/faq9.html#9j Navision: I am not able to use the new CDIntf210.dll from Navision. Everything was ok with the oldest versions 2.0x of the PDF Converter. A -We know from Navision Developers that CDIntf210.dll is not working with Navision so we are providing a special Activation Code for Navision Developers to be able to use CDIntf.dll with version 2.10 of the driver. To get the special Activation Code please contact the Support Department support@amyuni.com _____________________________________________________________

As part of Altus Business Solutions, I have developed a full-featured add-on to automate the creation and sending of PDF documents via either e-mail or fax. Once the add-on is integrated, modifications that encompass sending PDF-format reports are a breeze (just a few lines of code to accomplish the task). You can get more details at http://www.altusbusinesssolutions.com

Hi Rob, Looks good. I’ve a few questions : 1/ What’s the code require to generate a PDF file from Navision I’ve found this : http://www.altusbusinesssolutions.com/altus_mailfax_developer.asp But this send automatically the PDF attached to the e-mail 2/ Is it possible to have en evaluation version ? 3/Does your solution is a wrapper on top of AmyUni latest API so it could be used with in Navision ? Best Regards, Tarek

Hi Tarek - If you simply want to produce the PDF and not send it, it’s a matter of simply setting one additional property before calling the FinishCodeunit function: REPORT.RUNMODAL(Report::“Item List”,FALSE,FALSE); AltusMailFax.CreatePDFOnly(TRUE); AltusMailFax.FinishCodeunit; Our solution automates either PDF995 or Win2PDF, so each workstation requires one of those tools to be installed. It doesn’t work with Amyuni’s product at this time. I need to check with our Sales Manager regarding the possibility of getting an evaluation copy…I’m not sure whether that’s offered, or if so, what the requirements are. I’ll check on it.

i have done quite a similar thing … difference: it works with every reporting engine where you can specify the output-filename (e.g. amyuni pdf) and its free [:D] its kind of a system where the output of a report is being monitored (after the report has finished, the file created is retrieved from the filesystem) and can then be processed. therefore the name “R.O.M.” for “Report Output Monitoring”. let me know if someone’s interested

Interesting “bassist”. :slight_smile: With your solution, does the user have to select the PDF printer and key in the file name, or is it all automated? With our solution, the user just clicks an E-mail button (from Report Selections for example) and then OK a couple times and an e-mail window opens with the PDF report attached (named to match the report name) ready to send.

he clicks on a button to activate email / fax sending and, if necessary, changes the address. then he clicks on print and selects with what driver he wants to create the file (amyuni f.ex.). then ok and a mail is opened with the attachment.

dear Tarek, i also testing the amyuni pdf-converter with Navision 2.60. i registered the dll and can see the ‘Common Driver Interface Control’ in Custom controls. But i don’t no what i have to choose in the Automation Server List[?] Please tell me, what automation server you selected to see the mentioned classes thank´s

I did register the component called ‘Common Driver Interface Control’ as OCX not Automation. I could not get the Automation bit to work with the latest version of their API …

quote:

i have done quite a similar thing … difference: it works with every reporting engine where you can specify the output-filename (e.g. amyuni pdf) and its free [:D] its kind of a system where the output of a report is being monitored (after the report has finished, the file created is retrieved from the filesystem) and can then be processed. therefore the name “R.O.M.” for “Report Output Monitoring”. let me know if someone’s interested
Originally posted by ahed4 - 2004 Apr 30 : 13:17:36

Bumping this topic, i’am interested in seeing this code, does the offer still stands?

Sure … just leave me an email address …