Problem on starting Dynamics Nav 2009 on Xenapp Server

Hi togehter,

i have a huge problem with Dynamics Nav 2009 on a windows 2008 x64 Xenapp Server.

When I try to start the Dynamics Nav 2009 for SQL than i get the Message:

The File C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\local\Temp\2__TEMP__XXXXXXXXXXXX.tmp already exists.

i have set the Parameter for the finsql.exe like this:

“C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\Classic\finsql.exe” id=H:\navision%username%.zup,temppath=H:\navision\

Did somebody had the same issue and had solve this?

Nav 2009 or Nav 2009 SP1.

Classic or RTC.

If its RTC try to restart the service.

I think it might be a know issue. I used to have it. What I can tell you is that it has nothing to do with the parameters. I did not have any of those. I can recall how it cleared. Somehow I would pause a moment and try again and finally it would connmect.

Robert

hi ,

i don’t know if this is the SP1, but what i know is that this is the Classic client.

Check the “About” in the help menu. Here you can also see which build you are running.

Hi Sorry for my late responce.

The Version is: Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 SP1 Version 6.00.29.626

Hi the Version is: Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 SP1 Version: 6.00.29626

Hi Stefan,

When I have seen this error previously then it was always due to a file permission problem.

But I think in your situation it’s a different problem. You specify in your startup parameters that your temppath is H:\navision, but still you are told that it cannot create the file in: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\local\Temp.

I would try the temppath without the last back slash.

Hi Erik,

i have tried it without the last back slash, but the resulte is the same.

“C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\Classic\finsql.exe” id=H:\navision%username%.zup,temppath=H:\navision

The Users have on the TempFolder and below Full Controll.

Did some body hase any idea aboutr this Problem?

Stefan, I am watching this thread with interest as we have the exact same problem. We are running Citrix Xenapp Server with Windows 2008 x86 using the Navision 2009 Classic interface. The application runs fine on the Citrix Server desktop but not as a published application or even under the desktop when run as a virutal instance.

The error we get is “The file C:\Users%username%\AppData\LocalzTemp\1_TEMP_XXXXXXXXXXXXXX.tmp already exists”

Our application path is as follows:-

“C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\Classic\finsql.exe”

We have tried changing permissions on the C:\users folders to everyone - full control (not ideal I know)

Another similar thread I have found which may be useful:-

http://forums.citrix.com/thread.jspa?messageID=1512308

I have also posted on Experts Exchange to no avail as follows:-

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Software/System_Utilities/Remote_Access/Citrix/Q_26636224.html

Lets hope someone has been able to get over this.

Hi davis,

so the Citrix Post is from me :smiley:

But i don’t have an Access to Experts exchange.

had someone else a idear how to fix the problem?