Problem i relation to C/AL statements in C-Side Introduction Manual pg 7-13

hi,

When i’m following the manual for this particular excercise (Demonstration : Use the IF,EXIT, CASE and Compound Statements in Page pg 7-11 to 7-15) the following error in relation to the Result is popping up(after step 8 is worked out), I have re-checked all the workings in C/al editor but still the beneath error comes up

A value or an expression was expected. For example:

MyVar

MyVar + 100

MyVar =100

For Version NAv 2009…

Paste your code in here. You probably have a typo.

Make sure that you have a semi-colon <;> at the end of each statement.

Check that there is no space between :and=;

[:)]

Make sure that you have a semi-colon <;> at the end of each statement.

Check that there is no space between :and=;

[:)]

thanks it was solved :slight_smile: … However i have another problem when i Press the RUN button from the object designer nothing is happening :(…

As suggested by Rashed, paste your code here so that people can help you.

May be code is not supposed to give some message or pop-up, due to which you are not visualizing its impact.

Hi,

I’m a beginner and just reading the manuals alone ,

However now i went to track back the code first opening the action designer and then the C/AL editor and it is not there .

(For the action designer i have written 3 actions" (under proper headings):

1. ActionContainer-ActionItems)
  2. Execute IF - Action
  3. Clear - Action

Can you tell me from where can i get the code back pls.

In the page designer, the actions should go all the way at the bottom, open it from the first empty line. You are looking at the actions from an existing line in the page designer. If you added actions from any of the other, you’ll have to open the action designer from each line in the page designer to see where it was added in the first place, and you’ll have to remove it from there, and add it to the action menu that belongs to the page object itself.

can you kindly show it with an example pls and explain it further on cause i can’t understand what u saying,

thanks