Printing via Generic/Ascii-printerdriver

Hi Everyone I’m trying to use Navision Financials 2.60B and a Generic/Text printerdriver. I want to do a print of a report to a textfile it seems that some of the lines just dissapears. Program error in NF or is it just an bad idea to do file-creations using an generic-driver. Palle Arentoft, Team Manager Aston Naviteam A/S Denmark Email : par@astonitgroup.com

Generic text driver is a bad feature of Navision especially older printers. Reports are output as Vector (graphics) so a lot of text Drivers will not work. David Cox MindSource (UK) Limited Navision Solutions Partner Email: david@mindsource.co.uk Web: www.mindsource.co.uk

Palle, what’s the real problem? Why do you think that printing to Generic printer is the best solution? What about simply writing into a file? Marcus Fabian phone: +41 79 4397872 m.fabian@thenet.ch

Well the idea was that the customer should easily be able to do corrections to the reports. But I ended up doing file.write’s instead. Thanx for the help. Palle Arentoft, Team Manager Aston Naviteam A/S Denmark Email : par@astonitgroup.com

Actually another way to do it could have been to use Adobe Acrobat. I mean write the report to a PDF file and then use Acrobat to edit the file. And why not just write it to a HTML file? This can be edited by most editors, i.e. Word? Best regards, Erik P. Ernst, webmaster Navision Online User Group

Hi, we have create a beta ocx in vb6 that test all the printers and send the chars directly at the right Com It work very fast, but there’s two problems you haven’t preview, and you can’t use the same report for the printers Ink Jet and laser because need the driver… Fla