Printing Report Section repetitively

I need to print a section in a report conditionally, that is after printing all lines for a particular Item in a ledger table(when Item No. field value changes), I need to check if for the item there are any records in the Specification table. There could be multiple records in the Specification table for the Item. If Specification record(s) exist, then I need to print the field Specification Text of each record from the Specification table on a separate line. Is there a way of defining a text box( length 250) in a section of the report and then print the section repetitively, once for each record in the Specification table? Or is there anohter way of doing this? Thanks. Pari somasundaram.

quote:

Originally posted by paris: I need to print a section in a report conditionally, that is after printing all lines for a particular Item in a ledger table(when Item No. field value changes), I need to check if for the item there are any records in the Specification table. There could be multiple records in the Specification table for the Item. If Specification record(s) exist, then I need to print the field Specification Text of each record from the Specification table on a separate line. Is there a way of defining a text box( length 250) in a section of the report and then print the section repetitively, once for each record in the Specification table? Or is there anohter way of doing this? Thanks. Pari somasundaram.

quote:

Originally posted by paris: I need to print a section in a report conditionally, that is after printing all lines for a particular Item in a ledger table(when Item No. field value changes), I need to check if for the item there are any records in the Specification table. There could be multiple records in the Specification table for the Item. If Specification record(s) exist, then I need to print the field Specification Text of each record from the Specification table on a separate line. Is there a way of defining a text box( length 250) in a section of the report and then print the section repetitively, once for each record in the Specification table? Or is there anohter way of doing this? Thanks. Pari somasundaram.

I think that was an obvious one that I should have known. I guess if the Specification table is another indented dataitem under Item table it will solve the problem. and then I can make the body of the Specificaton to print conditionally. Pari somasundaram.