Printing Generic Document

Im wondering if theres a generic windows automation controller that you can send a file name and it will print the document? In Navision we can HYPERLINK() and the document will open in the default program, but is there a generic automation controller that i could call like: printcontroller(‘c:\test.txt’); printcontroller(‘c:\test.jpg’); printcontroller(‘c:\test.doc’); It would determine the txt file association and open/print the document, jpg similarly, doc would probably open word and print. I guess this would be like dragging and dropping any file onto a printer icon. I have extension etc in my table but Id rather not have to check the file name/extension and write code to use different controllers based on document type. Any ideas? Craig Bradney Technical Manager Navision Solutions & Services, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Email:cbradney@deloitte.com.au

Here is a solution ! LaserNet is a complete system for electronic design, print, and maintenance of forms. The software is installed with Windows NT or Windows 2000. Among other things, LaserNet has the unique feature that you may distribute your print on a network or send it as a mail or a fax. You may also store your documents in an electronic archive. In general, you shall make no changes in the data stream from your present ERP system, as LaserNet in an intelligent way can handle even advanced functionalities such as calculations, change of pages, ODBC, Java-script, etc. LaserNet Print Can be delivered with LaserNet Design that is a special design and set-up program (WYSIWYG), in which the print is designed and programmed. The print/reports are redesigned, and then you can change fonts, move data, insert logos, and much more. Besides, the system may be set-up to distribute the forms to different printers on the network, and you can freely control the use of the paper trays on the printers.