Print reports automatic to pdf

Hello, How can I print a report to a pdf-file (Acrobat Destiller) at a scheduled time automatically? There are already some topics, but from previous versions of Navision (we use 3.6). When I set in G/L - printer selection - a report to a specific printer, other users will not be able to print this to a diferent printer? Or are they? Thanks gotag

I’m not sure but maybe this will help: http://www.navision.net/forum/dwnl_show.asp?dwnl_id=69&cat_id=25&parent_id=6&sub_name=Components+usable+with+Navision&parent_name=Tools+For+Developers

Other user can use this report to other printer.In GL-Report selection you can specify the different Printer for same report to different users.

Hi! Arthur: I don’t think that the creation of a PDF-file is the problem, as gotag uses “Acrobat Distiller” [;)] Gotag (strange name!?): I assume that “Acrobat Distiller” is installed as a printer. So you can setup the “Printer Selection” in NAVISION. This selection is user-specific, means you can assign to different users different printers for a report, e.g.... USER1 Report XY Acrobat Distiller USER2 Report XY HP LaserJet ... From the 3.60 Help (german):

quote:

Die Tabelle Druckerauswahl Liste der Felder in der Tabelle Zum Ausdrucken von Rechnungen, Gutschriften usw. ist es wichtig, dass der richtige Drucker ausgewählt wird. Verwenden Sie dazu die Tabelle “Druckerauswahl”. In dieser Tabelle können Sie bestimmten Benutzern bzw. Berichten bestimmte Drucker zuweisen, so dass z. B. eine Rechnung immer auf Drucker X ausgegeben wird. Sie können auch festlegen, dass immer nur der Benutzer Y Gutschriften auf dem Drucker X ausdrucken kann. Nachdem Sie alle Verknüpfungen zwischen Benutzern, Berichten und Druckern eingerichtet haben, werden diese Daten automatisch für künftige, ausgedruckte Belege verwendet. Die Tabelle finden Sie im Hauptmenü unter “Finanzbuchhaltung”, “Einrichtung”, “Druckerauswahlen”.

To schedule this report you could use a “Job Scheduler” or “Batch Prozessor” (many NSC provide such tools) or create your own scheduler, e.g. using the OnTimer-feature. Regards, Jörg