Pricing as Extra in AX 2009

Hi,

I waned to know is there any facility available in AX 2009 to show the prices as extra for the item in order transaction?

For e.g. I have prepared a SO including an item. I have configured the item already. But i wanted to show that if i am taking the printout of this order, it shows me the details about the price of extra features of the selected item(i.e. for the White coloured item pay extra $5 OR for the thick body of an item pay extra $10).

Please give your advises.

Thanks & Regards,

/Ashlesh

Have you looked at Product Builder?

Failing that how are you telling AX the configuration is different - is it a different BOM?

Hi Adam,

Thanks for your reply.

I am not talking about the BOM. The thing i have mentioned in my opening post comment could also be related to the items of |Item Type = Item".

I wanted to show the extra price of the item (configuration → i.e. white coloured and thik in body → pay extra $10) not that as a whole line in sales order line items protion.

Currently when i am enter the Misc. sales price of an item and then see the print preview of sales order, it shows me the “Unit price” as “Item Sales price” and “Net amout” as “Item price” + “Misc sales price”. But i expact that AX mentioned the additional (extra) cost separately not with the combination of Unit price and Net price.

Is there any other way to accomplish it?

Thanks again Adam.

Regards,

/Ashlesh

As I understand it there is no way to achieve what you want. The miscellaneous charges appear as configured, the other method is to add an item and you do not want this. I am not 100% sure of what you want, but an additional price shown separately to the item but not a miscellaneous charge. This comes back down to how you are adding the additional configuration - you can set configuration trade agreements, but there is no split, the only split would come from options like product builder etc.

Hi Adam,

Thank you very much for your replies.

I am a bit of confused on your below statment.

“I am not 100% sure of what you want, but an additional price shown separately to the item but not a miscellaneous charge.”

As per your above line you mean that we can show an additional price separately to the item. Please correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks again.

Regards,

/Ashlesh

Hi Ashlesh

What I understood you want to show the extra price of same item based on the configuration on SO just as a information to customer, so that client may change its mind to consider about buying. but as of now it is not possible in AX. You might add text at the bottom of the SO with variable as config and price.

But If this is your exact scenario I would not suggest to do that also because all this should be taken care at Quotation level so that client comes to exact term at that point only instead of confusing him at Sales order level.

Rajesh

Hi Rajesh,

You understood my requirement exactly what i mean.

You are corect i need to display the extra cost at quotation level not at sales order level.

Can you please elaborate your sentance “You might add text at the bottom of the SO with variable as config and price.” a bit more?

Thanks for your reply.

Regards,

/Ashlesh

Hi Ashlesh

Please check and let me know which report you are printing when you say If I want to take printout of this SO. Is it confirmation you are sending to customer or Invoice or ?

Then depending on report you are printing you can add the text field in the report design with variable of item config and price. but it is little bit customization of your report.

Hi Rajesh,

Thank you so much.

Now i am clear about the whole scenario. I dont want to customize any report to accomplish my requirement.

The fact is that AX can not display the extra prices(costs) along with the item details on Quotation/Sales order. correct?

Again thanks for all members support.

Regards,

/Ashlesh

Why not just add a service item?

AX can do this with BOM’s and Product Builder when you have configurations. Where in your instance you do not want to use this functionality you need to think of other ways. You have miscellaneous charges, you have service items and you have the item itself. It depends on the detail of what you are doing.

Yes, that is a miscellaneous charge.

Hi Adam,

I have tried it by setting the miscellaneous charge(Sales misc. charge) to the item and then show the report. But it didnt show the misc. charge as separately it calculates it as (Net amt - Unit amt.) [i.e. it shows the Net amt. as Unit amt. + misc. charge].

I need the misc. charge is on the separate line not with inclusion of Net amt.

Is this possible Adam?

Thanks for all your support.

Regards,

/Ashlesh

As standard, on for example an invoice, the sales miscellaneous charge can be separate from the item line and is in the box at the bottom for miscellaneous charges so yes, but it depends upon your processing and reporting.