Posting even if the month is closed

When doing some tests on the Cronus company with a consultant license, I found that I can post a payment/ receipt journal in a closed fiscal period. I checked on the Accounting periods and the period is closed and date locked also has been flag. How is that possible? Is there a set up which I need to do.

I always use dates to control periods, and only close years. General Ledger>>Setup>>General Ledger Setup Also look at Users Setup

Thks RS, Is that the only way to allow user not to post in a closed fiscal period? if this is the solution, thenthis should be maintain every month. This becomes tedious because if there are 10 users which are allowed to post, surely you will have to change the date on the user set up every month for these 10 users. Is there another solution? Can someone then pls tell me what the function on closing month and date locked on the Accounting periods?

As a global allowed posting period you can use, as RS said, General Ledger / Setup / General Ledger Setup this way you only need to change in one record (or write some code to modify it for you every begining of month) You only need to specify at user level if some user needs to post out of this period (and delete this range when posting as global users) General Ledger / Setup / Users / User Setup And you also can use the period at user level to avoid some users to post at all (From > To) Allow posting from: 2004/01/01 Allow posting to: 2003/12/31

Yes, the allow posting from and allow posting to should be maintained by the controller or the CFO of the company. Other than running the Adjust Cost - Item Entries, this is the other “closing” procedure you have to do in Navision.

quote:

Originally posted by GDA
Thks RS, Is that the only way to allow user not to post in a closed fiscal period? if this is the solution, thenthis should be maintain every month. This becomes tedious because if there are 10 users which are allowed to post, surely you will have to change the date on the user set up every month for these 10 users. Is there another solution? Can someone then pls tell me what the function on closing month and date locked on the Accounting periods?

thks for the tips guys :slight_smile: This site is very very useful indeed.