Posting Consumption without Production order?

We consume small items in our manufacturing process which we do not take into a bill of material, and therefore, do not consume through a production order. The items are normal stock items, we purchase them, and now and then even sell them separately. Our problem is, how to consume these items periodically, so that cost will weigh on the correct G/L account (‘small cost manufacturing’ or similar)? We cannot use Consumption Journals, because of the fact that a production order is mandatory.

Hi Michiel I will presume there is a good reason for not consuming the components used within the BOM and thus getting the costing and inventory levels accurate.[;)] I think your only option is to alter your stock through an item journal (you have discounted the consumption journal as you have to specify the production order), you will need to set the posting groups up to push this transaction to the required account. This of course gives you another problem when an acutal inventory adjustment takes place on these items. [:D]

quote:

Originally posted by SBWEAVER
This of course gives you another problem when an acutal inventory adjustment takes place on these items.

Correct Steven, regrettably this doesn’t solve my problem [:(]

Hi Michiel If you cannot do it through the inventory journals then you have to do it through the consumption journal. can you tell me why you do not, and how you work around this at the moment.

Michiel, you might need a small component which does “a weighed distribution” of the consumption of that specific item over all released production orders which have started. You are not the first to ask for this. Hope we can disuss this in future [:D].

quote:

Originally posted by gco
Michiel, you might need a small component which does “a weighed distribution” of the consumption of that specific item over all released production orders which have started. You are not the first to ask for this. Hope we can disuss this in future [:D].

Hi Gunther, You’re having a point there! It sounds well. We will get in contact soon anyway, I guess. And Steven: we are not working around at this moment. We just make corrections through Item Journal, but do not have the cost of it weighing on our cost center ‘WORKCENTER’.