Our current manual process:
- Download/print daily bank statement
- Create new bank reconciliation in NAV under the corresponding company
- Import bank statement in NAV
- Suggest lines in NAV
- Post journals in NAV for all transactions that aren’t suggested
- Refresh the suggested lines in NAV
- Match bank statement lines to the suggested lines in NAV (deleting any unmatched lines)
- Post the bank reconciliation
I want to automate this process as much as possible. For example, loop through a folder of downloaded bank statements and create/post journals from the downloaded bank statements (excluding any transactions that are already on suggested lines); then create, match and post a bank rec in NAV (if it’s not completely matched, simply save the bank rec and notify the user). I believe it can be done by creating an Excel VBA macro that will complete and post a Bank Reconciliation in MS Dynamics NAV 2013.
I am advanced with Excel VBA but not a technical whizz and have no experience with SQL.