Post Inventory Cost to G/L by Job Queue Error

I feel like I’m going crazy as I can’t find any other discussion on this?

BC has introduced the automatic creation of a job queue for “Post Inventory Cost to G/L” when you set the Automatic Cost Post to No. However, when that job queue runs it finishes by throwing an error message:

“The print document can’t be downloaded to a client when it runs in a background task or session. The affected report ID is 1002. Verify that a printer has been configured for the report.”

I understand that the error message is correct, but surely it shouldn’t be trying to print in a SaaS background session - am I (hopefully) missing something?

Thanks…

Did the inventory cost finally posted to the G/L successfully?

Hi, no, so far as I can tell it won’t work without changes - whilst the function is there to help the user automate by a job queue it won’t ever work as it is designed

Phil,

On the Job Queue, under Report Fast Tab, set to None for output. This will run the Job but no print outs.

Thanks,
Steve

Hi Steve, the job creates creates to run codeunit 2846 so no repeating fasttab/ option to tell it not to print - it’s the codeunit that then fires the print job as it processes

Phil,

I looked at my Job Queue and I have no errors logged. May I suggest you recreate the Job Queue. Mine ran just now so you can see result.
Thanks,
Steve

Hi Steve, apologies I can’t login to the site at the moment for some reason (just replying by email) to post any screens but essentially it can be ran in the foreground no problem - that’s what it looks like on your screenshot - but when running from the job queue the error is:

“The print document can’t be downloaded to a client when it runs in a background task or session. The affected report ID is 1002. Verify that a printer has been configured for the report”

1 Like

Phil,

Best solution is to have your Partner debug this. It is not hard for them to do this.

Thanks,
Steve

1 Like