Populating dimension values

I have added a new shortcut dimension, “CUSTOMER”, to an existing company. I want to use this dimension for budgeting, that is, I want to create budgets for this year by this dimension. I would like the dimension values to be the existing set of customer numbers. Is there any way to do a bulk add of the customer numbers to the dimension value list?

Hello, there are a few different options to automate this, but it depends on what version of NAV you are using. With NAV 2013 you could simply copy your customer list to Excel, edit it to only include the No. and Name, and then copy/paste this back into the Dimension Value list.

Regards,
Rob

Hello, there are a few different options to automate this, but it depends on what version of NAV you are using. With NAV 2013 you could simply copy your customer list to Excel, edit it to only include the No. and Name, and then copy/paste this back into the Dimension Value list.

Regards,
Rob

Older versions can use dataport

You can use XMLPORT also…

Thanks to all. I have version 5 so I don’t think I can just use Excel, I will have to use dataport.

In this case you could use RIM (Rapid Implementation Technology) to import the data.